Title – Sharknado (2013)
Director – Anthony C. Ferrante (Headless Horseman)
Cast – Ian Ziering, Jaason Simmons, Tara Reid, Cassie Scerbo
Plot – Sharks literally find their way into a tornado, a tornado that terrorises the citizens of Los Angeles. Sharknado focus’s the spic fight for survival on our rag tag bunch of hero’s including bar owner and ex surfer Fin (Ziering), his employee and possible love interest Nova (Scerbo), Fin’s best buddy from Australia Baz (Simmons) and Fin’s Botox injected ex-wife April (Reid).
“We’re gonna need a bigger chopper”
Review by Eddie on 18/07/2013
Sharknado – if this title makes you vomit in your own mouth you should stay away from this made for TV movie like it’s the return of the black plague, if however that title offers up a sense of giddiness and a can you be serious thinking you need to watch Sharknado like right now! Like seriously stop reading and get a copy of this movie, it quite literally has thousands of poorly animated sharks inside a giant city destroying tornado!
To review Sharknado I found it impossible to do a normal analysis. What I have done is come up with a list of reasons why you should watch this amazingly badly made and seriously hilarious film. Here it goes, and please answer these questions honestly–
- Have you ever wanted to see a man take on a flying shark with a chainsaw?
- Does the proposition of seeing Tara Reid play 4th string in a made for TV movie sound like a fun night in?
- Do you love the sound of makeshift Australian accents riddled with talk of kangaroo’s and mates?
- Does the thought of sharks swimming through 10cm of water seem realistic and scary to you?
- Would you love to see a shark rappel up a climbing rope?
- Does the impending apocalypse sound much better with the chance of raining sharks?
- Do you have a deep appreciation for filmmakers who seem to cut in a quarter of there film from You Tube clips?
- Do you love laughing? Because seriously this is the funniest movie you’ll probably see this year.
If you answered yes to any of these questions Sharknado is for you, if you answered no to any of them please go seek counselling because something is clearly not right, kind of like sharks being able to breathe out of water! Sharknado is easily one of the best worst movies in recent years if not all time.
Half a shark filled tornado out of 5 (but seriously go and watch this movie!)